28 December 2003

Today is the feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. Was it not a Sunday, today would be the feast of the Holy Innocents. Regardless of the day of the week, today is my 19th birthday. So, happy birthday to me, I guess. My mom got me a 2-year subscription to Irish Music magazine, which is pretty exciting.

Fr. I. gave an interesting homily today, about the importance of the family. He's one of the few parish priests I've ever heard stand up at Mass and say that there are forces in our society trying to break down the natural, God-ordained order of the family, because they know that if they can rid society of the family, they can rid it of Christianity also. God made man and woman and gave them the power to bring new life into the world, and that is the family. It was a very powerful statement. I'm glad my parents have started going to this parish, as I doubt I would have heard anything like that at the previous one. The priests there are somewhat afraid of offending people (though they don't seem too worried about offending me).

No comments: