05 October 2007

Rhyme of the Day

Because it is the feast of St. Francis of Assisi, a rhyme about being kind to animals (and in this case, excellent advice to children):

I love little pussy,
Her coat is so warm;
And if I don't hurt her,
She'll do me no harm.

I'll pat little pussy,
And then she will purr;
And thus show her thanks for
My kindness to her.

So I'll not pull her tail,
Nor drive her away;
But pussy and I
Very gently will play.

I'll not pinch her ears,
Nor tread on her paws;
Lest it should provoke her
To use her sharp claws!

She shall sit by my side,
And I'll give her some food;
And pussy will love me
Because I am good.

Although, if you plan to teach this to children of your own, vocabulary being what it is today, I suggest strongly that you substitute "kitty" for "pussy." People with dirty minds might get the wrong idea.

No comments: