14 April 2006

Good Friday

Popule meus, quid feci tibi? aut in quo contristavi te? Responde mihi. Quia eduxi te de terra AEgypti, parasti crucem Salvatori tuo. O my people, what have I done to thee? or wherin have I afflicted thee? Answer me. Because I led thee out of the land of Egypt, thou has prepared a cross for thy Saviour.

Agios o Theos! O holy God!
Sanctus Deus! O holy God!
Agios ischyros! O holy mighty One!
Sanctus fortis! O holy mighty One!
Agios athanatos, eleison imas.O holy immortal One, have mercy upon us.
Sanctus immortalis, miserere nobis.O holy immortal One, have mercy upon us.

Quia eduxi te per desertum quadraginta annis, et manna cibavi te, et introduxi te in terram satis bonam, parasti crucem Salvatori tuo. Because I led thee out through the desert forty years, and fed thee with manna, and brought thee into a land exceeding good, thou hast prepared a cross for thy Saviour.

(From the Reproaches)

No comments: