01 September 2005

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

As Jane has already noted, the new school year is upon us, and for those of us who have studied abroad, we have to get used to being American again (without the -e and accent mark!). Not only do the professors speak in English, I also can't take the metro to school. This is partly a good thing, in that I am no longer forced to listen to bad accordion music.

However, I've not quite got it into my head that I'm not in France anymore. I still say about half of the responses during Mass in French, although I only spent nine months of my whole life saying them. While reading the choir schedule for the next few months, I discovered that we were having a performance at Lourdes, following several days of rehearsals. I, of course, instantly thought of France, forgetting that our cathedral is named Our Lady of Lourdes. Why didn't I hear about this trip before? Shouldn't we already be fundraising?

My red shoes aren't working for taking me back to France.

No comments: