02 September 2005

Prayers for Our Fellow Students

In my conducting class today, our professor told us that Gonzaga may be accepting some students from Loyola New Orleans. He also said that some faculty members have inquired about spending a semester here. I know that Loyola NO has the largest music department of any Jesuit university in the country, and we are tiny in comparison, but I hope and pray that the doors of Gonzaga's music department will be open to students and professors from our sister school in its time of crisis.

Loyola New Orleans students, faculty, and staff: you have the prayers of those at the other Jesuit universities. I wish it was in my power to offer more concrete assistance. (Actually, if you're a harp student from Loyola, I'd be happy to let you practice on my instrument if you find yourself up here.)

No comments: