21 January 2004

With the anniversary of Roe v. Wade only two days away, I suppose it is appropriate to post a link to the blog After Abortion. An article they linked to a few days ago from After Abortion.org is especially interesting to me because of personal stories of a few people I have met.

The subject of abortion has always struck a chord with me because of the day on which I was born, the Feast of the Holy Innocents. I can't imagine what it must be like for a friend of mine whose birthday is on Thursday. When something really important like that is related to the day on which you were born, you can't escape from it. You remember it, every year. When I think about my birthday, I pray for all those people whose babies should have been born that day but weren't, and whose babies were born only to have thier lives stolen from them, like the Holy Innocents.

How much of my generation was never born? I've seen the statistics. I know how many people I will not get the chance to meet, not in this life.

No comments: