26 February 2011

Also, Seedlings!

My husband and I are planting vegetables, and have started some of the seeds indoors. Here is what it looks like after one week.

The tall ones are tomatoes, and the others are basil, chives, and Walla Walla sweet onions. The parsley, for some reason, has not sprouted. I don't know whether it's just slow, or was planted too deep, or the seeds were duds. The first round of lettuce is in the bed outside. We are waiting for the components for veggie bed #2 to arrive, which will be deeper and hold carrots, beets, and onions. We pretty much have to buy plastic/resin boards for a veggie bed, because it's so humid here and the shed near where the vegetables are has previously been infested with termites. I'm hopeful that we'll have a decent first crop!

1 comment:

Don said...

It's been a long time since I grew any, but as I recall, parsley is very slow to sprout, taking two to four weeks.