04 January 2011

Communion Antiphon for the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time





I don't often get fits of inspiration, but I did this afternoon. Here is a fairly simple, two-part setting in English of a Communion Antiphon. If the ending sounds a bit odd, that's because it's modal; the beginning and end are loosely based on the chant. I've licensed it under Creative Commons, so if you like it, take it, copy it, and sing it, as long as you leave my name on it. I didn't write out any verses, but you can sing the one provided by Bruce Ford in American Gradual, and then sing the antiphon again.

Usually I am not pleased with my attempts at writing music, but I think this is pretty ok. There aren't too many leaps, the ranges are small, it's only two parts...I think it's singable. If anyone is reading this, let me know what you think.

No comments: