24 April 2007

Eternal Rest

Please pray for the repose of the soul of Elisa Bowen Raboy, and for comfort for her husband Asher. Lisa was my voice teacher, my first voice teacher. She took me on when I was nine and taught me until I graduated from high school. She was more than just a teacher--she was a friend and mentor, almost like a favorite aunt that I saw for 45 minutes a week. She dispensed advice on numerous topics and told me not to sing show tunes like a nun, unless they were from "Sound of Music." She helped me grow up, and imparted a good portion of the love of music that has carried me through to my present career. She died last week of cancer at the age of 54. I didn't know she had been ill because I'd lost touch with her when I went away to college, so this came as a bit of a shock to me.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. She may not have believed in You, but she tried to do good as far as she knew it.

No comments: