26 May 2006

Conference on Chant

As Mr. Tribe of the New Liturgical Movement points out, the Liturgical Institute at the University of St. Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary have some conferences on music coming up. Particularly of interest to readers of this blog will be the conference entitled "Pride of Place: Gregorian Chant in the Liturgy", which will take place September 17-19.

Once they put more information about the conference on their website, telling you this will probably blow my cover, but I'll say it anyway: Dr. Schaefer has asked me, along with one of my classmates, to lead the track for beginners. The conference in 2004 was very informative, very prayerful, and very fun--there's nothing quite like being in a beautiful place with beautiful weather singing beautiful music with 70 like-minded people from all over the U.S.--so I'm really, really looking forward to it. I hope you all can come too!

No comments: