02 January 2005

Gonzaga Choral Recordings

The Gonzaga University Choir, Schola, and Chorale have released a set of three CD's. "Rise Up, My Love" features the choir and schola, "Ribbons in the Wind" is a sampler of all three groups, and "Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam" is all schola, all the time. (Can you tell that the schola is Dr. Schaefer's pet project?) If I do say so myself, they're pretty good. The schola alone is considered to be in the top 1% in the nation, evidenced by our invitation to sing at the national American Choral Directors Association conference in LA next month.

The Gonzaga Music Dept. is selling the CD's for $10 each, though I don't believe they are listed on the website yet. If you're interested, contact me or Lizzy for track listings and contact info on the Music Dept.

No comments: