26 December 2004

My Christmas pudding would not come out of its mold, and by the time it did come out, it was in several pieces. I piled them up so they looked something like the mold, poured the cognac over it, and lit it afire. It had almost burned out when I got to the table. But, it was proclaimed delicious by one and all, and someone asked if it would be served again for breakfast tomorrow. So, thus ended my first adventure with "plum" pudding. (I've settled on calling it Christmas pudding, because though the McCall's calls it plum pudding, it contains no actual plums, and this annoys me.) Maybe next year it will come out of the mold.

No comments: