13 December 2004

1. Egg nog - yum or yuck? Yummy!
2. Stay up until midnight on New Years? Stay up.
3. Prefer white or colored lights? White. My eyes are very sensitive to light, and for some reason colored lights hurt my eyes worse than white ones.
4. Favorite holiday song? "Gaudete, Christus est natus," for the religious variety, and "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" for the non-religious.
5. What is your tackiest holiday decoration? Either the stuffed cat that meows, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," or the pink flamingo tree-ornaments covered with real feathers.
6. Do your kids have too much and you wonder just WHY you are getting more?? At this point, I am the kid, and I bet my parents are wondering why they are getting me more stuff.
7. If you celebrate Christmas, when does your tree go up and come down? It goes up after Thanksgiving and comes down after New Year's. In the past it has usually been January 2nd, because it had to be down before my parents went back to work, but this year they're both retired, so it may stay up until Epiphany.
8. Christmas again - open presents on Christmas eve, morning, or other? Presents from each other after dinner on Christmas eve, and presents from "Santa" on Christmas morning.
9. Favorite holiday tradition? Caroling, especially when kindly neighbors offer me hot drinks or fruitcake.
10. What do YOU want for Christmas? CD's, books, mittens, an electric mixer....

No comments: