23 March 2006

Meme
(lifted from Zadok)
Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you? The Extra-Ordinary Beast/Road to Boston (Cathy Barton and Dave Para) [The song is about Lewis and Clark's attempt to catch a prarie dog, so this means I'm unusual, fascinating, cute, and hard to pin down.]

Will I have a happy life? Makin' Whoopee (Ella Fitzgerald)

What do my friends really think of me? She Loves You (The Beatles)

What do people secretly think of me? Cortege et Litanie for Organ and Orchestra (Marcel Dupre)

How can I be happy? Dream a Little Dream of Me (Mamas and the Papas)

What should I do with my life? All the Things You Are (Swingle Singers)

Will I ever have children? Mama Don't Allow (Asylum Street Spankers) [uh oh]

What is some good advice for me? Galliard pour luth (Ensemble Clement Janequin)

How will I be remembered? Never on Sunday (Pink Martini) [Does this mean I'm so hopeless no one will have Masses said for me after I die, or that I'll be a saint and my feast will be moved when it falls on Sunday?]

What is my signature dancing song? L-O-V-E (Nat King Cole)

What do I think my current theme song is? Ladies' Pantalettes/Belles of Blackville/First House in Connaught (Reels, played by Bela Fleck and the Chieftains) [Can I switch these last two, please?]

What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Molly Ban (Allison Kraus and the Chieftains) [No way am I that depressed.]

What song will play at my funeral? Rumania (Dave Tarras and the Musiker Brothers)

What type of men/women do you like? Tanto son da groriosa (Ensemble Unicorn, from the album Songs of the Black Madonna: pilgrim songs from the Monastery of Montserrat)

What is my day going to be like? Psalm 108: 'My Heart is Ready' (Anglican chant by J.A. Stevenson and R.P. Stewart)

No comments: